We are looking for a Companion/Homemaker to provide exceptional, compassionate home care to our clients in the Leominster area.
The Companion/Homemaker provides companionship to those individuals requiring socialization and/or minimum guidance to assure a protected environment and performs home management services within the client’s home.
- Provides companionship by reading, conversation, and listening.
- Participates in appropriate recreational activities and hobbies for social and sensory stimulation.
- Assists patient/client in completing necessary phone calls, letter writing, etc.
- Maintains a safe home environment for the client.
- Accompanies patient/client on walks, community trips, doctor’s office, bank, etc.
- Informs the staffing coordinator of any changes in assignment.
- Provides emotional support and promotes a sense of well-being.
- May plan light housekeeping tasks such as preparation of a meal or laundering clothes.
- May perform light housework to maintain a clean, neat environment.
- Assists in the maintenance of a safe and healthy environment. Uses equipment and supplies safely and properly.
- Expected to perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by management.
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- Strong physical stamina and mental health, as demonstrated by pre-employment health clearance
- Driver’s license and clear driving record
- A vehicle in good working order and insured in accordance with state and/or Agency requirements
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent preferred.
- Training in the topics related to human development and interpersonal relationships, nutrition, shopping, food storage, use of equipment and supplies, planning and organizing of household tasks and principals of cleanliness and safety.